Friday, September 19, 2008

The OTHER Gospels

I would admit that the Da Vinci Code sparked an interest in me to read other versions of the Gospels, supposed written by the other Apostles. Yet, it was not until the "recent release" of the Gospel of Judas that I began to search for manuscripts and scriptures that did not make it into the Bible. Not many Christian today know about these manuscripts, especially the famous Dead Sea Scrolls. Books such as the Book of Enoch also drew my attention.

I was surprised when I saw some part of the Gospel of Barnabas, where it stated that Jesus declared Muhammad as the Messiah.

'Then said the priest: "How shall the Messiah be called?" {Jesus answered} "Muhammed is his blessed name" ' (ch. 97).

and

Jesus confessed, and said the truth: "I am not the Messiah." (ch. 42:2)
Isnt it weird?? I mean...correct me if Im wrong...the Muslims see Jesus as the Messiah, but Muhammad as the chosen prophet??

No comments: