Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sarabata....Workplace....

I guess I should do some sort of post in memory of the place I called my "office" for two months...

But I dont really know where to begin...and since I dont really have any photos, I cant really think of anything to write...perhaps Chris was right, I should I wrote something sooner...so anyway, here goes nothing...

I guess I should start with how I felt at first...First day of work was not bad, I was impress that they actually had something such as washing hands EVERY HOUR, and their hand washing methods include all the way to the elbow, so I was like WOW, nice, very clean and hygienic...end up they dont really follow it, the ticks are just for show in case the Big Boss comes to check...

Work was ridiculously hard, I remember always complaining to myself, overworked, under paid, under staffed...I soon got sick of cleaning up after costumers, especially when I got scolded because I swept the floor while they were eating...TWICE!!! Sheesh, they really expect too much... There are actually times I run quickly, ignoring costumer's request because I was too damn sick and tired...

But after a week or two, I started getting used to it, and since our working hours also increased, I began to work with Jimmy more and more, and it was kinda good, especially since the school holidays was over and the place began to feel very boring....And it was also good to have someone with you to laugh with at the trainings...

Colleagues are nice, but are constantly changing, with new people coming in and older people going out, I wonder how the people who worked 3-5 years endure seeing faces for only a month or two?? Managers are nice, especially the newer ones, too bad Jimmy didnt really get to work under them, but they are really well experienced in life matters....

One thing really struck me in the gut though, one colleague was saying how he regretted not seriously studying when preparing for SPM, and he ended with a few credits, and how he only needed one more to get into U...and now he's stuck working a low paying job while looking for other options...

It really got me thinking, if I wasnt how I am now, not a good student, doing badly in exams, and failing my SPM, how would my life be?? Would I be stuck doing this kinda jobs forever?? The pay is hardly enough to pay for my family's utility bills...not to mention food and stuff...

Haiz...

PS: Anyway, Shaz, correct my title if Im wrong....thank you...

No comments: