Saturday, July 4, 2009

Angels And Demons


Yeah, I know its been out a long, long time, but I just watched it, so I give my comments here....

Overall, I must say it was nice...topnotch, it was fast-paced, the action was there, the pacing was not to quick, nor to slow, and the events that did made it into the movie was good. However, the production team did twitched the events a bit..like the guy killed and branded with the Illuminati brand was not Leonardo Vetra, but something else entirely....Carlo Ventresca became Patrick....Max Kohler was no where to be seen, and the CERN part in the movie was not found in the book, and the book's CERN part was completely cut out....but that I can understand is due to the lack of time...

But...Vittoria's kidnap and Baggia alive!!! That is the two most unforgiveable event...and what happened to Langdon's claustrophobia? He hardly had trouble getting into the small evelator when descending into the Vatican archives....and Vittoria being kidnap was a easy part to film, and added probably 10 minutes to the length, and solved the problem of the Hasasssin's death...talking about which, I dont think I heard him refered thus...and where did the name Janus go??

Baggia?? Thats the worst....if he died, there would even be a second affected...hell, it could probably save the cost of hiring those extras who helped Langdon save him....And the Cardinal Mortati(?) ...there was no mention of the Devil's Advocate, and that Patrick was the late Pope's son, and the cardinal became the Pope instead of the new carmelengo!! But at least that last joke was kept, albeit twisted... the joke about "You're old, lead them wisely", to which he replied "Im old, I'll lead them briefly"...

Still, its good for those who never read the book....

No comments: